CONTACTS
Alytus Tourism
Information Center

S. Dariaus ir S. Girėno g. 1,
LT-62137, ALYTUS
Phone: +370 315 52010,
+370 687 07 703
Fax +370 315 51982
info@alytus-tourism.lt
Enterprise code 149994436

We work:
From June till August
I - V 9.00 - 18.00
VI 9.00 - 15.00
From September till May
I-IV 8.00 - 17.00
V 8.00 - 16.00
Stay in touch:

My status

facebok

Show objects in: Alytus city Alytus district All

Architecture Values



La forêt de Vidzgiris.jpg
 
St. Ludvick's Church (Panemuninkėlių st. 7, Alytus). The first time Alytus as the township was mentioned in the Jonas Zabžezinskis writing in 1524 where he says that he gives the capital for the Alytus church establishment.
More
Angelų Sargų bažnyčia.jpg
 
The St. Guardian Angels' Church (Savanorių st. 14, Alytus) was built in 1830 replacing St. Ann’s chapel that was there already in XVII century.
More
Šv. Kazimiero bažnyčia 1.jpg
 
St. Casimir's Church (Varėnos st. 24A, Alytus) was always the prayer meeting place for the army. In the beginning of the XX century there was Pakrovskaya church was there and czar’s Russia soldiers based in Alytus used to come there.
More
Švč. Mergelės Marijos.jpg
 
St. Mary Christians' Aid Church (Jurgiškių st. 4, Alytus) is the newest church, started to be built in 1991.
More
Pivašiūnai.jpg
 
St. Mary’s Accepting to the Heaven Church in Pivašiūnai was built in 1825. Pivasiunai is famous for its Assumption feast that takes place the whole week in August.
More
Alovės Švč..jpg
 
St. Trinity’s Church in Alovė was built in 1802. It has classicism and baroque elements.
More
Butrimonių.jpg
 
The cornerstone of the Sacred Saviour's Church in Butrimonys, built from the stone and brick work, was sanctified in 1906. However, the beginning of the First World War made an end to the construction works.
More
Daugų Dievo.jpg
 
Providential Church in Daugai was built of stone in 1858-1862 after the old church burned. The church contains modified gothic, classicism and baroque elements, and valuable works of art.
More
Krokialaukio Atsimainymo.jpg
 
St. Transfiguration Church in Krokialaukis built in 1872. The bishop Antanas Baranauskas consecrated the church after twenty-seven years.
More
Miroslavo Švč..jpg
 
St. Trinity’s Church in Miroslavas has a rich prehistory. The first wooden Miroslavas church built in 1763 burned when struck by the lightening in 1835.
More
Nemunaičio Švč..jpg
 
St. Mary’s Birth Church in Nemunaitis is one of the most beautiful in Lithuania. The stone church contains elements of neogothic, has a high tower and side turrets, the interior is of three naves, vaulted.
More
Punios Šv. Apaštalo.jpg
 
St. Apostle Jacob’s Church in Punia built in 1863 instead of the old church burnt six years ago. Its architecture is a combination of baroque and classicism styles. The first church in Punia built in 1425; supposedly, in the place where the stone chapel built to retain the memory of 1831 rebels stands now.
More
Rumbonių Švč..jpg
 
St. Trinitys Church in Rumbonys was built in 1795. A small wooden church has elements of folk architecture and classicism, rectangular, has no tower, a hall with six pillars portico. A sculptor Kazys Kriščiukaitis and a painter Antanas Žmuidzinavičius decorated the church in 1913. People notice that this church reminds of a small wooden copy of the Arch cathedral of Vilnius.
More
Simno Švč. Mergelė3.jpg
 
St. Mary’s Accepting to the Heaven Church in Simnas was built in 1520. It is the only renaissance basilica church of cross layout in Lithuania.
More
37. Santaikos bažnyčia. L. Valentaitės nuotr..JPG
 
It was built in 1929. The church is made of wood and has the shape of a traditional residential house.
More
Švč. Jėzaus Širdie.jpg
 
The Church of Sacred Heart of Jesus in Ūdrija was built in 1924. A church that stood here before has burned.
More
15.JPG
 
This residential house owes its name to figures of lions that adorn its steps. It was built in 1911 and belonged to lawyer Mendelis Bokšickis, a prominent public figure in interwar Alytus. His son Saadia Bahat, a famous Israeli artist, was born in this house.
More
5..JPG
 
The former New York Hotel (Rotušės sq. 14). This was built in 1933 and was the most modern hotel in Alytus at the time: the first floor had a canteen and the second had excellent rooms and a bath.
More
7..JPG
 
Riflemen’s House (S. Dariaus ir S. Girėno str. 10). Construction of the modern, spacious Riflemen’s House was completed in 1938.
More
17.JPG
 
One of the most famous interwar buildings of the city is Zimavičienė stonework. This was the first three-storey building (construction started in 1931) in interwar Alytus.
More
11..JPG
 
The Green Gymnasium (S. Dariaus ir S. Girėno str. 27). The first gymnasium in Alytus was established in 1919 without its own building. In 1925, a new building was completed and opened its doors – contractors from Kaunas won an open competition and erected it using materials from the former military barracks that once belonged to the Tsar.
More
16.JPG
 
The former Kapitol Cinema (Vilniaus str. 13, 2nd floor) opened its doors in 1929. There was a residential area on the first floor and a cinema auditorium on the second. After the Second World War, the building was home to several organisations and a butcher’s shop. In 1993-2003, it hosted an exhibition dedicated to pilots S. Darius and S. Girėnas.
More
Bukaučiškių.jpg
 
A redbrick chapel of overpowering beauty stands on a hill in Bukaučiškės village, a little way from the south bank of the Didžiulis Lake. Supposedly, the construction of the romantic style chapel with neogothic elements was finished in the middle of XIX century.
More
Raižių mečetė.2.jpg
 
Tatar’s Mosque in Raižiai. The Raižiai village is known as Tartarian living place since XVI century. There was a Lithuanian Muslim centre before the World War II.
More
Kurnėnų mokyklos.jpg
 
The architectural ensemble of Kurnėnai School. A small school with a turret stands in the nice place by the Alytus-Simnas road, between the Luksnėnai Lake and the Aniškis forest. It is the famous school of Kurnėnai built in the beginning of the last century; Laurynas Radžiukynas who was born and grown up here financed the construction of it.
More
Buvusi sinagoga.jpg
 
Alytus Synagogue, built in the beginning of the 20 century, operated until the Word War II. During the post-war period it was transformed into a warehouse of salt and manufacturing premises.
More
Dapkiškių dvaras.jpg
 
Manor of Dapkiškės is situated in Dapkiškės village, Krokialaukis sub district, Alytus region. The Manor is the birth place of Simonas Konarskis (1808). The one was revolt member of 1831 year.
More